PPLE Education Desk and Management Assistant
Amsterdam Law School – Education Service Centre
- 5 september 2017
- €1,904 to €2,647 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 20 september 2017
- 30,4 to 38 hours per week
Since September 2014, PPLE College at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) offers an interdisciplinary, research-based, English taught bachelor in Politics, Psychology, Law & Economics (PPLE). PPLE College is a collaborative effort by the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the Faculty of Economics and Business and the Amsterdam Law School.
PPLE College offers students an academic programme focused on the challenges science and society face at the intersections of its four disciplines. PPLE students learn to analyse complex societal and organizational challenges through the integration of theories and methods from Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics. PPLE College is based on the following four principles:
- an interdisciplinary environment;
- small-scale institute and intensive English language curriculum;
- a research-based learning programme and
- an inspiring international learning community.
PPLE is a selective honours programme. Prospective students are selected to have a strong academic background, to be highly motivated and are from both the Netherlands and abroad. The programme features an integrated talent-development programme, intensive tutoring system, inspiring educators and dedicated staff.
The PPLE Education Desk Assistant assists the Education desk Coordinator in all education related matters at PPLE College. He or she provides general administrative support for PPLE’s educational team. Tasks include providing materials for classes, administrating examinations and communicating with students. He or she also support PPLE’s Dean and the Programme Manager in administrative tasks, including HRM administration and the planning and arranging of meetings.
The PPLE Education Desk functions as a first point of contact for PPLE students and staff. We are therefore looking for a candidate with both excellent administrative as well as communicative skills. Appointment will be formally within the Education Service Centre (ESC) of the University of Amsterdam’s Law School in which PPLE College finds its administrative home. Execution of the work, including daily tasks and office space, will be done at the Education Desk of PPLE College at the site of PPLE College.
- Support the Education Desk Coordinator in the organisation of the Education Desk of PPLE College and all its administrative processes;
- be contact point for lecturers, tutors and other PPLE staff;
- advise the Education Desk Coordinator on the optimisation of administrative aspects and draft improvements;
- assist in scheduling;
- provide necessary teaching materials and support for lectures and tutorials;
- assist in managing educational evaluations and examinations;
- register students, courses and results (in SIS system);
- organize information sessions.
- has a bachelor degree or vocational education;
- has excellent English language skills (native or near-native speaker);
- has experience in an administrative/support role;
- has a strong interest in working in an educational environment;
- has a proactive and problem-solving attitude;
- possesses excellent organizational and communication skills and is able to work in a precise manner;
- is able to work both independently and in a team;
- is stress resistant and creative;
- is willing to contribute to PPLE as a community.
Knowledge of a university learning environment is a plus and experience with INProces/SIS/Topdesk/CMS Hippo/Kofax/Excel is considered a pre.
For further information, please contact:
The appointment will be for one year for 30,4 to 38 hours per week. The gross full-time monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for Administrative Assistant 1 at Dutch universities, i.e. Scale 6 (€1,904 to €2,647) depending on relevant experience.
Extension of the contract is subject to satisfactory performance after the first year.
The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
Applications should include a cover letter and CV. Applications should be submitted before 21 September 2017 with reference to vacancy number 17-440, to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the selection committee. #LI-POST
No agencies please